Renovating this summer? Check out our tips for a successful bathroom renovation. At Box Brothers Roll-Off Services, our dumpster rentals can be a big help for Denver homeowners with any number of projects in the works such home extensions and DIY projects. Renting a dumpster makes clean-up easier, faster and safer. We’ll drop it off and haul away your debris for a stress-free finish.
Today, we share tips for a successful bathroom renovation to make everything go smoothly with your next project.
- Set a Budget. Decide how much money you can set aside for the entire project. Get an estimate on the labor costs for the job and subtract this from the total. The remaining amount can be spent on the materials for your new fixtures. It’s a good idea to leave a little extra in the budget in case of unforeseen problems. Give us a call for our dumpster rental rates, too.
- Stick to a Timeline. Minimizing the time your bathroom is under construction is important, especially if it is the only bathroom in the house. Taking into account the time needed to measure, order and deliver the materials, coordinate with your contractor to get the work done in sequence and efficiently.
- Measure Accurately. To make life easier when it comes to buying new tiles, cabinets, and fixtures, you will need exact measurements. Draw up a to-scale plan of your bathroom with measurements and the locations of existing plumbing pipes and electrical wiring.
- Renovate from the Top Down. Removing old materials and replacing them starting at the ceiling and working your way towards the floor will ensure that your new installations do not get damaged in the demolition process. We can advise you on the right-size dumpster to handle all of these materials.
- Build with Ventilation in Mind. Good ventilation is necessary for a bathroom. Correct placement of an extractor fan will ensure continuous airflow. This will make your bathroom fresh, comfortable and prevent mold or rot from damaging the interiors.
- Choose Material for Floor and Walls Carefully. When selecting the material for your bathroom’s flooring and walls, it is important to take the practical considerations into account as well as the aesthetic. Your floor and wall material needs to be waterproof, resistant to mold and mildew, durable, and for the floor, slip-resistant.
- Keep Your Plumbing Simple. A bathroom can have any combination of shower, bathtub, bidet, jacuzzi, toilet, and sinks. Plan your plumbing installations by taking into account the existing pipes. This way you can minimize extra pipe installation and maximize your use of space.
- Be Smart with Lighting. Take advantage of natural light with large, south facing windows if possible. An atmosphere can be created with built-in mirror bulbs and adjustable lighting. Remember to allow 4 watts of incandescent light per square foot.
- Remember Storage. In small, irregularly shaped bathrooms, fitting in practical storage cannot be forgotten. Take into account how many people will be using the bathroom and install easily accessible shelving, cabinets and storage units.
The last of our tips for a successful bathroom renovation is to plan for waste disposal. Ripping out old fixtures creates a surprising amount of debris. With a roll-off dumpster rental from Box Brothers, you can safely dispose of your construction debris quickly and with little hassle. For more information on dumpster sizes and pricing, do not hesitate to contact our team.